Learn why thousands of small businesses trust Business Insurance Now as their insurance agency.
Take 15 minutes to see how we can help you protect your business.
- FREE, no-obligation quotes.
- Complete one online application to compare multiple quotes.
- Fast response—typically less than 24 hours on week days.
- We are a nationwide insurance agency covering all 48 contiguous states.
- We work directly with you to evaluate your insurance options.
- We only work with the top business insurance carriers in the country.
- Expert, licensed insurance agents to guide you through the process.
General Liability Insurance for
Thankfully, the marketing consulting business is typically at low risk when it comes to general liability claims, which include bodily injury and property damage. However, that doesn't mean you're immune to these kinds of risks. Accidents do happen, and clients often require their contractors to carry general liability insurance just in case.
Besides, carrying general liability insurance is good business policy. Should your client, employee or a contractor claim that you or someone working for you caused them or their property harm, you could be up against an expensive lawsuit or settlement. General liability coverage pays for these types of claims, including defense costs; bond premiums; lost income for your time spent in court; and any judgments and settlements, including required interest and medical expenses for an injured party.
What You Need to Know
Regardless of client requirements, general liability insurance is one of the most commonly purchased types of insurance for marketing consultants, and for good reason. Taking into account the high cost of litigation, it may only take one incident—either at your own office or one of your clients'—to put your marketing consulting firm out of business.
Luckily, there's a good chance that as a professional consultant with a low risk for claims, you're eligible to get covered through a discounted package policy called a BOP. Learn whether you qualify.
Get a FREE general liability insurance quote now!
- How much general liability coverage does your marketing consulting business need? It depends on several factors, including where you're in business and the level of risk inherent in your work. Business Insurance Now can help you assess your business's potential liability and ensure that your general liability policy provides adequate protection.
- If you use contractors, you'll want to read the fine print on your general liability policy to see if they're covered. If you're not sure, ask your agent for clarification.
- General liability insurance does not cover claims related to professional negligence or failure to perform your professional duties. For that, you need a separate professional liability insurance policy.