Learn why thousands of small businesses trust Business Insurance Now as their insurance agency.
Take 15 minutes to see how we can help you protect your business.
- FREE, no-obligation quotes.
- Complete one online application to compare multiple quotes.
- Fast response—typically less than 24 hours on week days.
- We are a nationwide insurance agency covering all 48 contiguous states.
- We work directly with you to evaluate your insurance options.
- We only work with the top business insurance carriers in the country.
- Expert, licensed insurance agents to guide you through the process.
Excess Liability Coverage/Umbrella Insurance for Technology Businesses
Some client contracts may require you to carry higher limits of insurance than are standard with most policies. If you need another $1 million or more in coverage, you may be surprised to learn that adding it is as easy as contacting a Business Insurance Now agent – and it's also quite affordable.
Called an "umbrella" or "excess liability" policy, this add-on coverage increases the payout limits on several underlying policies at once, including general liability, employer's liability, and hired and non-owned auto policies you may already carry. Keep in mind, however, that professional liability claims are not covered by this extra insurance.
What an Umbrella Policy Covers
It works like this: Suppose one of your employees is pulling wire and accidentally leaves some hot wires exposed, starting a fire that results in severe injury to one of your client's employees. If you face a bodily injury lawsuit and are ordered to pay $1.5 million, but your policy only covers you for $1 million, your umbrella policy will cover the difference so that your business doesn't have to come up with that extra $500,000 out of its own pocket.
If you're not sure how high your limits need to be, carefully read your contracts or contact the IT business insurance experts at Business Insurance Now to learn what similar businesses are carrying.
Contact Business Insurance Now for a Free Risk Assessment
If you're unsure about whether you need to add excess liability coverage to an underlying policy or how much coverage is appropriate or necessary to protect your tech business, contact the IT insurance experts at Business Insurance Now. We'll be happy to help you evaluate your business risks and contract requirements and find coverage that meets your needs and your budget.
Get a free umbrella liability insurance quote now.
- Train your employees on workplace safety and how to secure and care for client and business property.
- Review your contracts with clients, vendors or suppliers to ensure that you are carrying the proper level of coverage. Many contracts specify specific dollar amounts and insurance requirements, including excess liability coverage.
- Ensure you have adequate coverage limits to replace your business equipment as well as enough coverage to protect your business for any client property or body damage.
- Get help from your Business Insurance Now agent to assess your risks and the appropriate levels of coverage that you may need.