Learn why thousands of small businesses trust Business Insurance Now as their insurance agency.
Take 15 minutes to see how we can help you protect your business.
- FREE, no-obligation quotes.
- Complete one online application to compare multiple quotes.
- Fast response—typically less than 24 hours on week days.
- We are a nationwide insurance agency covering all 48 contiguous states.
- We work directly with you to evaluate your insurance options.
- We only work with the top business insurance carriers in the country.
- Expert, licensed insurance agents to guide you through the process.
Professional Liability Insurance/Errors & Omissions Insurance for Technology Businesses
Your clients are counting on your expertise to keep their systems running so they can keep the revenue coming and business growing. Without the technology they count on, most businesses would quickly falter. That's why it's so important for technology services providers to carry professional liability insurance to protect their businesses in case something unexpected happens.
This type of insurance – also called E&O or errors and omissions coverage – protects your business against the high costs associated with claims that your business is negligent in providing your professional services.
What an E&O Policy Covers
Suppose you're responsible for establishing a backup system for your client's customer account information. Due to a technical problem the automatic backups you scheduled never happen, and several weeks' worth of data are lost before the problem is discovered. Or, you've been hired to develop a new order entry system for a client and a coding error corrupts the data. Your customer suddenly faces potential lost income as well as the cost of rebuilding their customer database.
If your client sues you for causing them a financial loss – whether those accusations are justified or unfounded – this coverage helps to pay for your legal defense, judgments, or settlements you may be required to pay to compensate your client. It also typically includes coverage for your income lost while you're fighting your case in court as well as certain other expenses you may incur.
It's important to know that this type of policy operates on a "claims made" basis. This means that for a mistake to be covered, the alleged error must have occurred and the claim filed while the policy was in force. So, to ensure the most complete protection, it's smart to continue your coverage even after your client project is complete.
Contact Business Insurance Now for a Free Risk Assessment
Because there is such a wide range of technology businesses, it's a good idea to get expert help choosing a professional liability policy to ensure that your business has adequate coverage to address all of your business risks and client contract requirements. Contact the technology insurance experts at Business Insurance Now for a free risk assessment to help you choose the right policy for your business.
Get a free professional liability insurance quote now.
- Conduct regular project status updates to ensure good communication and client satisfaction along the way. Many times lawsuits can occur as a result of poor communication or lack of expectation setting.
- Execute client agreements for each project to outline deliverables, scope, timing and responsibilities as well as conflict resolution options should the need arise.
- Ensure your project plans include adequate time for quality assurance checks and testing prior to launch as well as contain steps to create backups for live databases or websites.