Property Insurance for Engineers
Complete one simple application and we'll do the shopping for you.

WHY Business Insurance Now?

Learn why thousands of small businesses trust Business Insurance Now as their insurance agency.

Take 15 minutes to see how we can help you protect your business.

  • FREE, no-obligation quotes.
  • Complete one online application to compare multiple quotes.
  • Fast response—typically less than 24 hours on week days.
  • We are a nationwide insurance agency covering all 48 contiguous states.
  • We work directly with you to evaluate your insurance options.
  • We only work with the top business insurance carriers in the country.
  • Expert, licensed insurance agents to guide you through the process.

Property Insurance for Engineers

Whether you own or rent the office space for your engineering business, it's good policy to insure the assets that your engineering business relies upon. And because you're likely to be working in the field and on location for your clients occasionally, it's wise to carry insurance that would pay for any damage you or your employees may accidentally cause while at a client site. A good property insurance policy covers both.

If, for example, your office suffers a fire or is broken into, and your business property were to be damaged, stolen, or lost, a property insurance policy would ensure that you could replace it quickly for its full replacement value. And, if you're visiting a client site and inadvertently cause an accident that damages your client's property—your property insurance coverage will pay to replace that too. When your customer's property is in your care, custody, or control, it's covered as if it were your own.

What You Need to Know

Every business that has property, such as computers or office furniture, stands to lose it all in the event of a disaster. Property insurance is one of the most commonly purchased types of insurance for engineers because it's very affordable, and it's often required by landlords who rent office space.

If you think that as an engineer you're at low risk for property losses, you may be right. However, don't be surprised if your client contract requires you to carry property insurance anyway—especially if you'll be working on a client site or handling client property. Many do. If that's the case, there's good news: You may be eligible for an affordable combined insurance policy called a BOP.

Get a FREE property insurance quote now!

Not a Engineer?

Need general insurance info? Click Here

Property Insurance Tips

  • Property insurance typically covers your property for its replacement value. In other words, if you make a claim, you'll be able to replace the property at its full cost, without any deduction for depreciation.
  • A BOP's property insurance also covers other people's personal property, if you as a business owner are legally liable for damage to it. So if your client's property should be stolen while in your possession, don't worry—it's covered.
  • A property insurance policy may cover your business's property when it is away from your office. If your business takes you to your client's site or out on the road, any property you carry with you may be protected.