Learn why thousands of small businesses trust Business Insurance Now as their insurance agency.
Take 15 minutes to see how we can help you protect your business.
- FREE, no-obligation quotes.
- Complete one online application to compare multiple quotes.
- Fast response—typically less than 24 hours on week days.
- We are a nationwide insurance agency covering all 48 contiguous states.
- We work directly with you to evaluate your insurance options.
- We only work with the top business insurance carriers in the country.
- Expert, licensed insurance agents to guide you through the process.
Business Owner's Policy (BOP) for Engineers
Engineering is all about what you know, so unlike other types of businesses that involve physical labor, most likely, your engineering business will be at low risk for bodily injury or property damage claims. Even so, don't be surprised if your clients require you to carry general liability insurance. Many companies ask every contractor to have it, especially those that will be working at client sites. Requiring contractors to carry their own insurance protects the client from having to pay for any claims out of its own general liability policy.
What You Need to Know
Thankfully, as an engineer, you probably fall into a low-risk category that qualifies you for a money-saving combined policy called a Business Owner's Policy, or BOP. For one affordable rate, a BOP package policy includes:
To learn whether your engineering business meets the criteria for a BOP, complete this short application. We'll typically respond by email within 24 hours and can begin your coverage immediately.
Get a FREE BOP insurance quote now!
- A BOP includes two types of coverage for a single rate, making this one of the most cost-effective ways to get the general liability coverage your clients require, along with the property coverage you need to protect your business assets.
- High-risk businesses may not be eligible for BOP coverage. To find out if your business qualifies, ask a Business Insurance Now agent for a free risk evaluation.
- Not all BOPs are created equal. What's provided as standard by one carrier may not be included in another's policy. Business Insurance Now can help you ensure that your policy's provisions fit your business risks.