Learn why thousands of small businesses trust Business Insurance Now as their insurance agency.
Take 15 minutes to see how we can help you protect your business.
- FREE, no-obligation quotes.
- Complete one online application to compare multiple quotes.
- Fast response—typically less than 24 hours on week days.
- We are a nationwide insurance agency covering all 48 contiguous states.
- We work directly with you to evaluate your insurance options.
- We only work with the top business insurance carriers in the country.
- Expert, licensed insurance agents to guide you through the process.
Workers' Compensation Insurance for Your Dental Practice
Because your employees could be exposed to sharps injuries, disease transmission, repetitive-motion injuries, radiation, adhesives, grinding dust and other potentially hazardous materials and situations, workers' compensation is a must for every dental practice.
If you or an employee is hurt on the job, workers' compensation insurance helps your business pay for the cost of any resulting medical expenses as well as some portion of lost income while the employee recovers. In many cases, state law requires dental practices to provide workers' compensation insurance for their employees.
What Workers' Compensation Policies Cover
In addition to paying for medical expenses and lost income for injured employees, workers' compensation policies can also include these added benefits:
- Sharps injuries: payment for the initial cost of testing the injured healthcare worker and reimbursement for initial blood testing of the source patient
- XactPAY® payroll billing solution, with no large down payment and pay-as-you-go premium charges
- Access to a nationwide network of more than 400,000 health care providers skilled in handling workplace injuries
- Team•Work® return-to-work program and nurse case managers for complex cases
- Help in managing claim expenses by reviewing medical bills and prescription treatments for accuracy
Need Help? Contact Business Insurance Now's Workers' Comp Experts
To ensure compliance with state laws, many dental care businesses need help selecting the right workers' compensation policy and coverage levels.. Contact the dental care provider insurance experts at Business Insurance Now to help you select the right coverage for your business.
Get a FREE workers' comp insurance quote now!
Workers' Compensation Tips
- If you're the sole employee of your dental care business, you still might need to secure workers' comp coverage. Some state laws require businesses with just one employee to get covered, so be sure you are familiar with the workers' comp laws in your state.
- If you don't have full-time employees, but do occasionally use contractors to assist you, you might be required by your state laws to cover those contractors with workers' comp insurance. This is why many dentist require their contractors to carry their own workers' comp coverage.
- In some states, owners, officers, partners and other company principals can exclude themselves from workers' compensation coverage, saving money on premiums. Ask your Business Insurance Now agent to help you determine if this would be a good choice for you.