Learn why thousands of small businesses trust Business Insurance Now as their insurance agency.
Take 15 minutes to see how we can help you protect your business.
- FREE, no-obligation quotes.
- Complete one online application to compare multiple quotes.
- Fast response—typically less than 24 hours on week days.
- We are a nationwide insurance agency covering all 48 contiguous states.
- We work directly with you to evaluate your insurance options.
- We only work with the top business insurance carriers in the country.
- Expert, licensed insurance agents to guide you through the process.
Excess Liability / Umbrella Insurance for Finance Professionals
Did you know that you can add millions of dollars of coverage to your general liability and other policies for just a few hundred dollars a year? An umbrella policy is an easy and affordable way to boost your coverage levels and meet client contract demands.
Umbrella insurance adds additional coverage amounts to your existing general liability insurance policy, as well as some other types of insurance you may carry, including employer's liability and hired and non-owned auto insurance. For example, if your contract requires $2 million in general liability, but your policy is written for just $1 million, it's easy to add excess liability insurance to cover you for the additional million.
What You Need to Know
Regardless of whether your client requires you to carry high coverage limits, it's a good idea to assess your accounting business's risks and insure accordingly.
Let's say that you or one of your employees accidentally injures someone while working at your client's offices. Your company is sued for $1.5 million, but your general liability policy only covers you for $1 million. If you're ordered to pay, your excess liability policy would cover the additional $500,000. Otherwise, you'd be responsible for that additional amount.
Not sure how much coverage you might need? Ask the accounting insurance experts at Business Insurance Now for a free, no-obligation risk assessment.
Keep in mind: Umbrella liability insurance does not extend the coverage limits on an errors and omissions or professional liability policy. If you're concerned about whether you have enough professional liability coverage, the licensed agents of Business Insurance Now are happy to help you determine appropriate coverage limits for your accounting business.
Get a FREE excess liability insurance quote now!
Excess Liability Tips
- Your client contract may specify that you carry excess liability insurance, just in case of a large claim. Business Insurance Now's accounting insurance experts can review the language in your contract to ensure you have the coverage your client requires.
- Umbrella insurance is more affordable than you think. It's typically sold in increments of $1 million and can be added on to underlying insurance policies for just a few hundred dollars annually.
- To assist with coordination of benefits in the event of a claim, it may be smart to buy your umbrella insurance from the same agency that handles your underlying commercial insurance policies.